Due to a small break in blogging duties recently, today’s Links I Love is a bit bigger than usual. Enjoy!
Some great guides to California cities have cropped up recently. Here are a few I can’t wait to try:
- The Bold Italic’s guide to one of my favorite beach towns, Santa Cruz.
- Oakland might have a reputation for being a bit rough around the edges, but sfgirlbybay’s guide to Oakland shows the city is on the up-and-up.
- If the photos in this guide to San Francisco don’t entice you to visit The City, then I don’t know what will (the guide is in French and Google Translate garbles it a bit–but you can still get the gist).
- And not to leave SoCal out, here’s a guide to San Diego.
- If you’re looking for a bit more California inspiration, why not follow my California! board on Pinterest?
Blogging and Social Media Tips
- Problogger offered 7 Tips for Busy Bloggers when it comes to finding time to post (one I need to review in more detail, apparently).
- Rock n Roll Bride reminds us not to let one bad review break our spirit or ruin our efforts.
- Addicted to Instagram (follow me!)? Here are five photo editing apps for phones to try.
- I really liked Zoe’s advice to never stop tweaking your website, and always keep your target audience in mind.
Food and recipes
- Try mixing up the campfire routine this summer with these ginger and caramel smores.
- The picture of these salted caramel cheesecake cupcakes has my mouth watering. I can’t wait to try the recipe!
- And these Mounds-bar-inspired chocolate brownie bites don’t look to shabby either!
- Do you like peanut butter? How about cupcakes? Why not try these peanut butter cupcakes with black coffee frosting?
- A perfect recipe for summer: fruity striped ice cubes.
- I loved the idea of this peekaboo bread. A treat within a treat!
- Oh my days, lemon bars have to be one of my favorite sweet treats, and these look delicious.
- You know what, sod this, make your mouth water by having a look at my Get in My Oven! Pinterest board.
- This housewarming jar DIY is a simple, but useful gift for anyone moving home.
- I love the idea of sprucing up an umbrella to make rainy days a bit cheerier.
- Apparently, seven minutes of hell is all it takes to get in shape.
- Latanya has some excellent tips for time management.
- This is how often you need to clean your make-up brushes, apparently.
- And while we’re talking make-up, this post on make-up for hooded/almond eye shapes has inspired my new make-up routine. It is brilliant.
- Shauna talked about her new coffee routine – a favorite subject of mine. Perhaps I should share mine (I can tell you it won’t be as pretty, and probably would be considered a bit “ghetto”)?
Have a missed any super-awesome links recently? Let me know in the comments!